11/03/2015 In Archaeology
Archaeology, Week 6
The team have excavated William Burge’s house this week, who was listed as the owner for 5 Montpelier Road from 1865 to sometime before 1895. The house was a rental property for Burge and was described as a six-roomed cottage with a large garden.
Montpelier Retreat was also referred to as Montpelier Road in the 19th century.